At Malin Group we are always looking for talented individuals in search of a rewarding and challenging career. Below you can find all of our current vacancies.
As a sales & marketing executive you’ll undertake a range of sales and marketing tasks as part of our business development programme – ranging from lead generation, client calls, tendering, identification & execution of digital marketing strategies, development of marketing material, website maintenance, identification of marketing opportunities and growth hacking.
In line with the ethos of the company, you will produce commercial hand over’s to allow engineering and Project Management /Operations team to execute major orders. Through your commitment to lead generation, you will develop new and existing enquiries into contracts to enable the company to grow.
You will identify & develop commercial strategies for potential/existing markets and maintain companies’ CRM database. You can expect around 50% of your time to be spent visiting clients offices or site locations with regular travel throughout UK and occasional travel to Europe and Rest of World.
We guarantee you a stimulating, challenging and rewarding time. We expect total dedication of our staff to our company ethos and mission, and in exchange we provide a unique culture and opportunity to work as part of a Group with outstanding heritage.
• Demonstrable 3-5 years of industry experience, or
• Applicable University degree (Hons) or similar (level DOE)
• Good understanding of design and engineering manufacturing processes
• Computer literate in MS Office packages
• Excellent communication & people skills
• Full UK Driving License
Apply by sending CV to Aberdeen@malingroup.com Ref MA-167 Business Development Manager
You will be primarily employed in a technical role, tasked with the engineering of solutions for our clients in a broad range of engineering projects. As a Senior level engineer, you will have a degree of autonomy and be expected to be highly competent in your work.
Role and Responsibilities
– Carrying out Structural Analysis aspects of projects and contracts won by the Company through use of first principle calculations, code checks and FE Analysis
– Ensuring your technical output is of a standard
– Carrying out peer review of others work to ensure quality of service prior to issue to client
– Understanding client requirements and assisting with concept development and design specifications
– Developing technical documentation and standards in the field of Marine Equipment and Structural Analysis for use internally, and as deliverables to our clients in a commercial setting
– On site supervision of applicable works
– Managing time to ensure that project goals and deliverables are met within defined constraints
– Assisting with the costing of new enquiries for both new and existing clients
– Providing regular updates on all your projects to the Project Management Team/Senior Management
– Ensuring that client deliverables and company QA requirements are met at all times
– Monitoring industry trends within your field of expertise including research and development of new methods and techniques
– Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are followed at all times
– Understand the company QA system and partake in improvements and reviews
– Any other tasks or duties outside your normal work as the Company may reasonably require
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
– Problem Solving – the role requires the ability to solve problems under sometimes very tight restrictions and innovative thinking of benefit
– Diligent – delivery of projects is reliant on staff being responsible and ensuring their tasks are carried out properly and on time, as well as ensure others in the company are doing same
– Good communicator – able to deal with all levels of staff, from successfully passing on skills and techniques to junior engineers up to presenting designs to clients and senior management
– Competency in Engineering Software – FE analysis software (Strand7 and/or Tekla Structural Designer preferred but equivalents acceptable) and calculations software (TEDDS preferred but equivalents acceptable)
– Practical Knowledge – site or yard experience, knowing how things go together and ability to apply this to practical engineering solutions
– Clean Driver’s License – required for attending meetings and site work
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
– Engineering Degree
– Demonstrable industry experience in design of beam and plated steel structures to EN1993, BS5950 and AISC-360. Experience of other codes is also beneficial
– Completion of Engineering Projects as responsible engineer
Established in 2012, Cleanship Solutions is an engineering consultancy dedicated to providing 100% impartial advice and assistance to shipowners. Our mission is simple – to assist shipowners and operators in increasing their vessel efficiency and finding the most cost efficient methods of complying with environmental legislation.
With ballast water management and exhaust gas sulphur content regulations shortly entering into force, the global demand for comprehensive retrofit solutions is set to grow exponentially, resulting in a multi billion dollar industry. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a fast growing team at ground floor level – if this excites you and you want to become part of this success story – read on!
As a sales & marketing executive you’ll undertake a range of sales and marketing tasks as part of our business development programme – ranging from lead generation, client calls, tendering, Identification & execution of digital marketing strategies, development of marketing material, website maintenance, identification of marketing opportunities and growth hacking.
Consistent dedication to our mission is paramount.
In line with the ethos of the company, you will become an expert on the legislation and the compliance solutions available to our clients. Through your commitment to lead generation, you will work closely with our management team to put in place procedures and methodologies to enable the company to grow.
You’ll relish joining a fast growing company where the key focus is on sticking to our mission and ensuring client satisfaction. You’ll be given ownership with full empowerment to ensure this happens.
We guarantee you a stimulating, challenging and rewarding time. We expect total dedication of our staff to our company ethos and mission, and in exchange we provide a unique culture and opportunity to work as part of a Group with outstanding heritage and fantastic staff facilities.
Located in one of Glasgow’s most exciting office facilities – the South Rotunda
Free use of in-house recreational and fitness facilities
Monthly staff social events
Annual Group Ceilidh
Annual bonus scheme
Applicable University degree (Hons) or similar
A true passion for growth hacking, entrepreneurship and business development
Availability to travel worldwide
Energy, drive and dedication are non-negotiable requirements for this position. The role is key to the growth of the company, and if this sounds an exciting opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for the position, please submit via Linkedin AND call our office number at 0141 285 0363, ask for Chris McMenemy. Applications of any other form will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Cleanship Solutions Team